O-Plan Web Demonstrations
Please note that the O-Plan server that ran these demonstrations is no
longer operational. These web pages and the information is left intact
for information only. The support e-mail addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and
email@example.com are no longer monitored.
Welcome to the O-Plan web demonstration page.
By following links from this page, you can run O-Plan remotely over
the Internet and have it produce plans for tasks (problems) in a
number of different domains. The resulting plans and other results
then become available via further links. In some cases the
demonstrations allow you to develop a number of alternative plans
and compare them.
The Web demo outputs
page contains a brief introduction to O-Plan and an explanation
of some of the output formats.
We hope that you will help us to improve this demonstration facility
by telling us of any problems and suggesting anything you'd like to
see added or done differently. You will therefore be offered a number
of opportunities to mail a comment.
There are three basic kinds: COA evaluation matrix interfaces,
forms that let you specify tasks by filling in parameters,
and lists of predefined tasks from which you select.
COA Evaluation Matrices
- Pacifica Disaster Relief
- Develop and Compare Multiple Options
Lets you construct several options to offer disaster
relief on Pacifica. This is a simpler version of the
more interactive demonstration below and does not require a
- The matrix interface actively manages the current "workflow fringe"
across all options being developed.
- Colour background rows are the activities you can step though.
- White background rows provide information.
- Anything with a hyperlink can be tried at any stage.
- Unix Volume Groups
- Writes a Unix shell script for removing a disk volume group.
- Pacifica Island Rescue - Non-combatant
Evacuation Operations (NEO)
- A Pacifica evacuation planning task with parameters for city populations,
the number of ground transports (GTs) available, ground transport capacity,
the destination, and a time limit.
- Web Service Composition -
O-Plan and I-Plan
- A set of modifiable demonstrations that apply O-Plan and the
I-Plan, to web-service composition tasks.
A good place to begin is the
hypertext version of the O-Plan Demonstration Guide.
It describes a number of problem domains -- block-stacking,
house-building, space platform construction, Pacifica, etc. --
and contains links that let you apply O-Plan to tasks in
- Web demo outputs
- A description of some of the output formats produced by the demos.
It includes an introduction to O-Plan and a demonstration of its own.
The Hypertext O-Plan Demonstration Guide
Domain descriptions together with links that run O-Plan,
as described above.
Standard O-Plan Task Formalism (TF) Demonstrations
A similar set of domains and tasks, as a plain itemized list.
Contains most of the example domains distributed with O-Plan.
Air Campaign Planning - Workflow Planning Aid Demonstration
- Workflow planning demonstrations.
- Pacifica evacuation tasks with resource modelling.
Jeff Dalton <J.Dalton@ed.ac.uk>