Aims and Objectives
AIAI is a technology transfer organisation that promotes and expedites
the application of research on Artificial Intelligence for the
benefit of industrial, commercial, government and academic clients.
Our objectives are:
- To transfer Artificial Intelligence know-how and techniques
from the research to the user community.
- To promote the application of Artificial Intelligence techniques
by organisations internationally.
- To contribute to the development of the University of Edinburgh's
Artificial Intelligence capability, resources and reputation.
- To provide opportunities for Institute staff to develop their
ideas, skills and reputation.
- To achieve the income necessary to meet the above aims.
- established in 1984
- part of the University of Edinburgh
- part of the foremost centre of excellence in Europe for artificial
intelligence research, training and technology transfer.
Consultancy to assist organisations to understand how AI
methods and techniques have been, and can be applied, reporting
- advanced technology strategy studies
- surveys on technologies, methods and tools
- advanced technology feasibility studies.
to assist organisations
to develop innovative solutions which meet their complex business
requirements through developing:
- proof-of-concept demonstrators
- software solutions
and transferring the AI technology either to experienced staff
in the organisation or to appropriate third parties.
Training to assist organisations to gain specialist skills
in the application of AI methods and techniques through visitor programmes, tutorials
and in-house courses in areas such as:
- Knowledge Management and System
- Intelligent Planning and Activity Management
- Adaptive Systems.