An "intelligent room" or "knowledgeable room" to act as a knowledge
aid to support collaborative teleconferences and meetings initially
but later to provide a knowledge assistant in any location a user
wishes via whatever presentation methods are appropriate. The project
could be a good base for all sorts of collaborative developments,
plug-ins, and student projects.
Initial work is focused on the creation of a Virtual Collaboration
Centre in Second Life. I-Room will provide a generic technology basis
for a wide range of potential collaborative applications and uses.
There will be three communities for initial focus:
- a personal, family, friends related group - focus on some
community shared experience such as the planning, run up to and the
day of a wedding for example.
- a shared access game lobby
- support to a professional related group and event - such as the
planning, run up to and day of a scientific workshop for example.
- virtual tutorials and tours
- design to product - business group support for distributed
participants dealing with all aspects of a prodyct life-cycoe, and
perhaps many localised variants of a product in servuice, with many
local sub-contractors, and prolonged timescales.
- Team workflow and process management in a wide range of
- A help centre for a technical product
- rapid establishment and adaptation of a highly dynamic
collaborative emergency response coordination centre.
|I-Room for the Games Industry
|Whisky Tutorial Room & Tour