The overall objective of this action is to facilitate communication by
way of a shared understanding of key concepts and terms between and among
EuroKnowledge Project partners and EuroKnowledge Association members.
The specific objectives are:
All terms are assumed to be important to one or more of the following
- Within the EuroKnowledge Project: to agree on a set of core concepts
with associated terms and definitions;
- To communicate this agreed core externally to EuroKnowledge
Association members, to facilitate useful feedback on RFAs and RFCs;
- To reach agreement on the core terms and definitions among
EuroKnowledge Project and EuroKnowledge Association members;
- To identify and (loosely) structure a set of important non-core
terms and definitions to reflect current usage;
- To have a mechanism in place for obtaining new non-core terms
- knowledge level representation formalisms,
- problem solving methods,
- domain ontologies.
To achieve the above objectives, we will deliver the following:
- A set of core concepts with associated terms and detailed definitions;
this will be agreed among EuroKnowledge Project partners;
- A glossary of short definitions of non-core terms;
- A mechanism for obtaining new non-core terms and definitions.
Go to EuroKnowledge Home Page