- Defined in ontology: Frame-ontology
- Source pathname: /tmp_mnt/vol/q/htw/cms/ontolingua/examples/ontolingua/../../all-ontologies/ontolingua/frame-ontology.lisp
- Arity: 2
Related-Axioms is a relation that maps any object in the domain of
discourse to a KIF sentence related to that object. KIF sentences can
be denoted by quoted expressions. The object is not necessarily a
symbol. It is usually a class or relation or instance of a class.
Therefore Related does not mean that the object is mentioned in the
axiom, and there is no syntactic test for relatedness.
- Related-Axioms is used by Ontolingua translators to
denote axioms related to a class, relation or instance
that cannot be formulated using the frame ontology.
- Related-axioms is multivalued relation (as opposed to
a function). When viewed as a slot, each slot value
is a single axioms (typically specified as quoted
- Related-axioms is not the same as defining-axiom.
Defining-axiom maps a
(e.g., a symbol)
to an axiom.
- Instance-Of: Binary-Relation, Relation, Set
- Range: Sentence