Notes for Strategic-Purpose:
- This is an arbitrary declaration, used to distinguish
higher level purposes from lower level purposes not regarded as strategic.
- Normally, though not necessarily, each Strategic-Purpose
will appear as the higher level purpose in one or more
- A purpose that is a Vision or Mission should normally be declared to
be a Strategic-Purpose.
A Goal may or may not be a Strategic-Purpose.
- Suggestion: In some circumstances, it may be desirable to force every
Vision and Mission to be a Strategic-Purpose.
- If ever there were two distinct subtypes of Purpose corresponding
to Intended-Purpose and Hold-Purpose then this :DEF specification could
be shortened because Strategic-Purpose is a subtype of the latter not the
Slots on class Strategic-Purpose:
- Arity: 1
A purpose held by an Actor that is declared to be of 'Strategic'
A Strategic-Purpose may Help-Achieve another Purpose, and thus be
lower-level with respect to that Purpose. However, any such Purpose that
is higer-level than at least one Strategic-Purpose must itself be a
- Instance-Of: Class, Relation, Set
- Subclass-Of: Purpose, Eo-Entity, Individual-Thing, Qua-Entity, State-Of-Affairs ...
Slots on instances of Strategic-Purpose:
Implication Axioms for Strategic-Purpose:
(=> (Strategic-Purpose ?Strategic-Purpose)
(Exists (?Actor) (Hold-Purpose ?Actor ?Strategic-Purpose)))
Axioms for Strategic-Purpose:
(Forall (?Purpose ?Sgc-Purpose)
(=> (And (Strategic-Purpose ?Sgc-Purpose)
(Help-Achieve ?Sgc-Purpose ?Purpose))
Other Related Implication Axioms for Strategic-Purpose:
(=> (Critical-Success-Factor ?Csf)
(And (Exists (?Actor) (Intended-Purpose ?Actor ?Csf))
(And (Strategic-Purpose ?Strategic-Purpose)
(Help-Achieve ?Csf ?Strategic-Purpose)))))
(=> (Strategy ?Strategy)
(And (Strategic-Purpose ?Purpose)
(Intended-Purpose ?Strategy ?Purpose))))