Notes for Asset:
- Examples: MACHINE, equipment, land, building, material,
idea, design, patent, information
- Capital-asset, fixed-asset and liquid-asset are specialisations of Asset
but are not central to our concerns. The differences between these are
determined by accounting standards.
- An Entity may be both an Asset and a Resource but an Asset is not
necessarily a Resource, nor vice versa.
Slots on class Asset:
- Arity: 1
- Documentation: A Legally Owned-Entity that Has-Monetary-Value
- Instance-Of: Class, Relation, Set
- Subclass-Of: Has-Monetary-Value, Eo-Entity, Individual, Individual-Thing, Thing ...
Slots on instances of Asset:
Implication Axioms for Asset:
(=> (Asset ?Asset)
(And (Legal-Ownership ?L-O) (Owned-Entity ?L-O ?Asset))))
Equivalence Axioms for Asset:
(<=> (Asset ?Asset)
(And (Has-Monetary-Value ?Asset)
(And (Legal-Ownership ?L-O)
(Owned-Entity ?L-O ?Asset)))))